Registering as a borrower binds the library user to observe the following rules. The borrower is held responsible for all items borrowed with his/her library card.The customer is obliged to inform the library about any changes in his/her contact information by e-mail, phone or personally in the library.
- Borrowing without a library card is not possible in most library units.
2. Library card
- The library card is free of charge. To substitute a lost card costs 2 euro.
3. Material lent out
- The library units are open for everyone. Journals, CD-ROMs, videotapes and DVDs can be material not lent out.
4. Loan periods
- general collection books 3 weeks
- course books 2 weeks
- journals 3 weeks (mainly), the latest issue will not be lent out
- sheet music 4 weeks
- CD-ROMs, videos and DVDs vary at different libraries
- DVD Movies and videotapes (Library of Music, Dance and Media) 1 week
- available only for staff and students of Oulu University of Applied Sciences
- reference books overnight and weekend loans
5. Overdue charges
- 0,40 euro/loan/day
- reference library material 1 euro / hour after the appointed time
- 6 €/loan, when a loan is 14 days overdue (the text clarified on Sept. 7, 2006)
- maximum 30 euro/customer/simultaneous returns
6. Compensation of material
- The customer is obliged to compensate lost or damaged items or material he/she has made notes on or underlined either by substituting the material or paying for it. DVDs can only be compensated by paying the price the library sets on them. More information on charges.
7. Lost borrowing rights
- The borrowing rights are lost when the borrowed item is at least 14 days overdue or when the customer owes the library a minimum of 10 euro.
- The borrowing rights are also lost when reference library material is at least 7 days overdue.
- The borrowing rights will be regained when the fines have been fully or at least partially paid.
8. Renewal of loans
- Loans can be renewed at the library, by phone or e-mail, and by using the web services.
Loans can be renewed 20 times if there are no reservations on them. Video recordings borrowed from the Library of Music, Dance and Media cannot
- It is possible to make a reservation at the library, by e-mailing it or using the web services. There is no charge for a reservation. For availability notices sent by post there is a 1 € charge if the customer has not given his/her e-mail address to the library. Availability notices via e-mail are free of charge.
10. Electronic collections
- All customers are allowed to use the electronic databases and full-text material inside the library facilities. The staff and students of Oulu University of Applied Sciences have the possibility to use the electronic services remotely through the OAMK proxy server or when needed using usernames and passwords available at the library.
11. Interlibrary loans
- The fee for an interlibrary loan is 6 - 12 euro /item. When ordered from abroad the charge is 20 / loan. The price of article copies depends on the length of the article and whether it is ordered domestically or from abroad.
- The Library Director will decide on any exceptions to these library rules.
These rules have been approved by the staff at a meeting on June 6, 2000. The
library rules will take effect on August 1, 2000.
The library rules have been updated on February 21, 2013. The changes have been confirmed by Minna Koistinen, director of the library, in decision §5/2013 February 21, 2013. The library rules will take effect on March 1, 2013.
The library reserves the right to change the rules and the charges.